Above ground pools are a popular choice for many homeowners, offering a convenient and affordable way to enjoy a refreshing swim right in your backyard. One of the first things to consider when purchasing an above ground pool is its size. These pools come in a variety of sizes to accommodate different needs and spaces. In this article, we will explore the common sizes of above ground pools and answer some frequently asked questions to help you make an informed decision.
Above ground pools typically come in round or oval shapes, with round being the most common. The sizes range from small and compact pools suitable for children or limited spaces, to larger pools that can accommodate a whole family. Here are some common sizes you can find:
1. 12 feet: This is a popular size for smaller yards or for those looking for a budget-friendly option.
2. 15 feet: A step up from the 12-foot pool, this size offers more space for swimming and lounging.
3. 18 feet: This size is suitable for medium-sized yards and provides ample space for recreational activities.
4. 21 feet: A larger pool that can comfortably fit a family and allow for more movement during swimming.
5. 24 feet: This size is considered a standard for above ground pools, offering plenty of space for multiple swimmers.
6. 27 feet: A spacious pool that is ideal for larger families or those who enjoy hosting pool parties.
7. 30 feet: A size suitable for those with ample yard space and a desire for a grand pool experience.
8. Oval pools: These pools come in various sizes, such as 12×24 feet, 15×30 feet, and 18×33 feet, providing a different shape for those who prefer it.
Now, let’s address some frequently asked questions about above ground pool sizes:
1. Can I customize the size of my above ground pool?
– No, the sizes available are pre-determined by the manufacturer.
2. How deep are above ground pools?
– Most above ground pools have a depth ranging from 48 to 54 inches.
3. Will a larger pool require more maintenance?
– Generally, the size of the pool does not affect the maintenance requirements significantly.
4. Can I install a large above ground pool on my own?
– It is recommended to seek professional installation for larger pools to ensure proper setup.
5. Are there size restrictions for above ground pools in residential areas?
– Check with local regulations or homeowner’s associations for any specific size restrictions.
6. Can above ground pools be partially buried?
– Some above ground pools can be partially buried, but this may require additional construction and permits.
7. Can I add a deck to my above ground pool?
– Yes, many above ground pools can be complemented with a deck, enhancing the overall pool experience.
8. Are oval pools more expensive than round pools?
– Oval pools generally come at a higher cost due to their larger size and additional materials required.
9. Can I find above ground pools suitable for small yards?
– Yes, there are compact above ground pools available that can fit in smaller spaces.
10. Are above ground pools suitable for year-round use?
– Above ground pools are typically not designed for year-round use in colder climates, as they may freeze during winter.
11. Can I upgrade the size of my above ground pool in the future?
– It is possible to upgrade to a larger pool, but it may require additional modifications and expenses.
When choosing the size of your above ground pool, consider your available space, budget, and the number of people who will be using it. With the right size, you can enjoy endless hours of fun, relaxation, and exercise right in the comfort of your own backyard.