What Cruise Ships Are Sailing Now From Florida
Cruise enthusiasts are eagerly looking forward to setting sail once again, and Florida has become a prominent hub for cruise ships resuming operations. Several major cruise lines have begun offering itineraries departing from various ports in the Sunshine State. If you’re wondering which cruise ships are currently sailing from Florida, here are some of the popular ones:
1. Royal Caribbean International: The Symphony of the Seas and Allure of the Seas are currently sailing from PortMiami, offering exciting itineraries to the Caribbean.
2. Carnival Cruise Line: Carnival has several ships sailing from Florida, including the Carnival Horizon, Carnival Breeze, and Carnival Mardi Gras. These ships depart from PortMiami and Port Canaveral, offering a range of Caribbean itineraries.
3. Norwegian Cruise Line: The Norwegian Gem and Norwegian Joy are currently sailing from Miami and Port Canaveral, respectively. Passengers can enjoy tropical destinations in the Caribbean.
4. Disney Cruise Line: Disney’s ships, including the Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy, are sailing from Port Canaveral, offering magical experiences for families.
5. MSC Cruises: The MSC Meraviglia sails from Miami, taking passengers to the Caribbean, while the MSC Divina departs from Port Canaveral.
6. Celebrity Cruises: Celebrity Edge and Celebrity Equinox are currently sailing from Port Everglades, offering Caribbean itineraries.
7. Princess Cruises: The Sky Princess and Caribbean Princess sail from Port Everglades, providing passengers with a variety of Caribbean destinations.
8. Holland America Line: The Nieuw Amsterdam and Eurodam sail from Port Everglades, taking passengers to the Caribbean.
9. Oceania Cruises: The Riviera and Insignia sail from PortMiami, offering luxurious itineraries to the Caribbean.
10. Viking Cruises: The Viking Sky sets sail from Miami, providing passengers with memorable experiences in the Caribbean.
11. Crystal Cruises: Crystal Serenity sails from Miami, offering Caribbean itineraries.
1. Are cruise ships sailing at full capacity?
Cruise lines have implemented various health and safety protocols, including reduced capacity to ensure social distancing.
2. Are COVID-19 tests required before boarding?
Most cruise lines require passengers to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test before boarding.
3. What health and safety measures are in place on these cruise ships?
Cruise lines have implemented enhanced cleaning protocols, mandatory mask-wearing, and increased ventilation systems, among other measures.
4. Are COVID-19 vaccines mandatory for passengers?
Some cruise lines require all passengers to be fully vaccinated, while others offer options for both vaccinated and unvaccinated guests.
5. Are shore excursions available?
Yes, shore excursions are available, but they may have limited capacity and follow specific health and safety guidelines.
6. Will I be able to dine on the ship?
Cruise lines have modified dining arrangements to ensure safety, such as reduced capacity, increased spacing between tables, and enhanced sanitation protocols.
7. What happens if there is a COVID-19 case onboard?
Cruise lines have established protocols for isolating and treating COVID-19 cases and conducting contact tracing.
8. Can I book a cruise with a flexible cancellation policy?
Many cruise lines offer flexible cancellation policies, allowing passengers to reschedule or cancel their trip without penalties.
9. Do I need travel insurance?
It is highly recommended to have travel insurance that covers COVID-19-related issues.
10. How can I stay updated about the latest cruise ship sailings?
Check the official websites of the cruise lines or consult with travel agents for the most up-to-date information.
11. Are international cruises available from Florida?
Currently, most cruises departing from Florida are focused on Caribbean itineraries. International cruises may resume in the future, depending on travel restrictions and safety protocols.
As the cruise industry gradually resumes operations, passengers can once again embark on unforgettable voyages from the ports of Florida. However, it is essential to stay informed about the latest guidelines and requirements, ensuring a safe and enjoyable cruise experience.