How-to Wear Lacrosse Goggles With Glasses
Lacrosse is a fast-paced and intense sport that requires players to wear protective gear, including goggles to protect their eyes. However, for those who wear glasses, finding the right way to wear lacrosse goggles can be a bit challenging. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to wear lacrosse goggles with glasses.
1. Choose the Right Goggles: Look for lacrosse goggles that are designed to accommodate glasses. These goggles usually have extra space in the frame to fit glasses comfortably.
2. Adjust the Strap: Before putting on the goggles, adjust the strap to ensure a snug fit. The strap should be tight enough to keep the goggles securely in place, but not too tight to cause discomfort.
3. Put on Your Glasses: Wear your glasses as you normally would, ensuring that they are clean and in good condition. Make sure they are positioned comfortably on your face.
4. Position the Goggles: Place the goggles over your glasses, ensuring that the frame of the goggles sits comfortably on the bridge of your nose. The goggles should not press down on your glasses or cause any discomfort.
5. Secure the Goggles: Once the goggles are positioned correctly, secure them using the strap. Adjust the strap until the goggles fit snugly against your face without applying excessive pressure.
6. Test for Comfort and Visibility: Move your head around and ensure that the goggles do not shift or slide off. Check your field of vision to ensure that the goggles do not obstruct your view.
7. Make Necessary Adjustments: If the goggles feel uncomfortable or obstruct your vision, make necessary adjustments. Loosen or tighten the strap as needed or reposition the goggles on your face.
8. Practice with Goggles: It is important to get used to playing with goggles and glasses together. Practice wearing them during training sessions to ensure they do not hinder your performance.
9. Check for Fogging: Glasses can often fog up when wearing goggles. Consider using anti-fog wipes or sprays to prevent fogging. You can also try applying a small amount of dish soap to the inside of the goggles and wiping it off to create a fog-resistant barrier.
10. Keep Glasses Secure: To prevent your glasses from falling off during the game, consider using a glasses strap or retainer. These accessories will keep your glasses in place even if the goggles shift slightly.
11. Regular Maintenance: Clean your goggles and glasses regularly to ensure clear vision. Remove any dirt or debris from the goggles, and use a lens cleaner to clean your glasses.
Common Questions and Answers:
1. Can I wear my regular glasses underneath lacrosse goggles?
Yes, you can wear your regular glasses underneath lacrosse goggles designed to accommodate glasses.
2. Are there specific goggles made for glasses wearers?
Yes, there are lacrosse goggles available that have extra space in the frame to accommodate glasses comfortably.
3. Can wearing goggles with glasses be uncomfortable?
It can be uncomfortable if the goggles are not properly adjusted. Ensure a snug fit without excessive pressure.
4. How do I prevent my goggles from fogging up?
Use anti-fog wipes or sprays, or apply a small amount of dish soap to the inside of the goggles and wipe it off.
5. Can I wear a glasses strap or retainer with goggles?
Yes, a glasses strap or retainer can help keep your glasses secure even if the goggles shift slightly.
6. How often should I clean my goggles and glasses?
Clean your goggles regularly to ensure clear vision. Remove dirt and debris, and clean your glasses using a lens cleaner.
7. Can I wear contact lenses with lacrosse goggles?
Yes, you can wear contact lenses with lacrosse goggles instead of glasses.
8. Are there any specific brands that offer goggles for glasses wearers?
Several brands offer lacrosse goggles designed to accommodate glasses, including STX, Brine, and Cascade.
9. Can I wear prescription goggles instead of glasses with lacrosse goggles?
Yes, prescription goggles are available for those who prefer not to wear glasses underneath.
10. Are there any additional precautions I should take when wearing glasses with goggles?
Ensure that your glasses are clean and in good condition before wearing them with goggles.
11. Can I wear regular sunglasses instead of goggles with glasses?
No, regular sunglasses do not provide adequate protection for lacrosse. It is essential to wear goggles specifically designed for the sport.