How to Wear Lacrosse Goggles With Glasses
Lacrosse is a fast-paced, high-intensity sport that requires players to wear protective gear, including goggles. For players who wear glasses, finding the right way to wear lacrosse goggles can be a challenge. However, with the right approach and some helpful tips, you can comfortably wear lacrosse goggles while still wearing your glasses.
Here are some steps to follow for wearing lacrosse goggles with glasses:
1. Choose the Right Goggles: Look for lacrosse goggles that have a larger frame size to accommodate your glasses comfortably.
2. Adjust the Straps: Loosen the straps on the goggles to create more space for your glasses. This will help prevent any discomfort or pressure on your face.
3. Position the Glasses Correctly: Before putting on the goggles, make sure your glasses are positioned properly on your face. Adjust the nose pads and earpieces to ensure a secure fit.
4. Place the Goggles Over Your Glasses: Carefully slide the goggles over your glasses, ensuring that they fit snugly. The goggles should rest comfortably on your face without pressing against your glasses.
5. Adjust the Fit: Use the straps to tighten the goggles and ensure a secure fit. Make sure they are not too tight to cause discomfort but also not too loose to risk falling off during play.
6. Check the Visibility: Once the goggles are in place, check your visibility. Make sure you can see clearly and that your glasses do not obstruct your vision.
7. Test for Comfort: Move your head and shake it lightly to test the comfort of the goggles. Ensure that they stay in place and do not slide around or cause any discomfort.
8. Practice Wearing Them: Spend some time wearing the goggles with your glasses before hitting the field. This will allow you to get used to the feel and make any necessary adjustments.
9. Maintain Proper Hygiene: Regularly clean your goggles to prevent any dirt or debris from accumulating on the lenses. This will also help keep your glasses clean.
10. Consider Contact Lenses: If wearing glasses with goggles becomes too uncomfortable or impractical, you may want to consider using contact lenses instead. Consult with your optometrist to see if this is a viable option for you.
11 Common Questions and Answers:
1. Can I wear any type of goggles with glasses? No, you need to choose lacrosse goggles that have a larger frame size to accommodate your glasses.
2. How do I prevent my glasses from fogging up inside the goggles? Consider using anti-fog wipes or sprays on your glasses before wearing the goggles.
3. Are there any specific brands that make goggles for glasses wearers? Yes, some brands offer goggles designed specifically for glasses wearers, so it’s worth exploring those options.
4. Can I wear my glasses without goggles? No, goggles are essential for protecting your eyes during lacrosse games.
5. Will wearing glasses and goggles affect my peripheral vision? With the right fit and adjustment, your peripheral vision should not be significantly affected.
6. Can I wear prescription goggles instead? Yes, prescription goggles are available for those who prefer not to wear glasses underneath.
7. Are there any safety concerns when wearing glasses with goggles? As long as the goggles fit properly and do not cause discomfort or obstruction, there should be no safety concerns.
8. Can I wear sunglasses instead of goggles? No, sunglasses do not provide the necessary protection for lacrosse games and are not allowed in official play.
9. How often should I clean my goggles? It is recommended to clean your goggles after each use to maintain proper hygiene.
10. Can I wear my glasses on top of the goggles? No, wearing glasses on top of the goggles can cause discomfort and hinder your vision.
11. Are there any alternatives to wearing glasses with goggles? Contact lenses can be an alternative for those who find wearing glasses with goggles uncomfortable. However, consult with your optometrist before making any changes.